Most MMORPGs today feature dungeons and instances. They give players a welcomed change of pace from the normal leveling grind, and more than often they award players with extra bonuses, such as additional experience, but most importantly better equipment than what you can usually get by doing solo quests.
Why Do Dungeons
There’s plenty of reasons why you would want to visit dungeons in Tera, but here are just some of them:
- The weapons and armor you get from monsters inside are typically far better than those you can attain with solo quests
- Grouping with other players can give a lot more experience, therefore making leveling faster
- You learn about the class synergies and your class’ role in groups
- Groping with other players can be a great way to keep you interested in the game after too much hours spend leveling alone
In Tera there are different types of dungeons with various difficulties and content. They are broken down into:
- Extended Encounter: these are basically special “cutscenes” available after doing certain quests. Since you are in an instanced area where other players don’t have access to, they fall into the dungeon category.
- Instanced Meeting: instanced meetings are places where you meet certain NPCs, and other players don’t have access to.
- Open Dungeon: open dungeons can be accessed by multiple player groups at the same time. The monsters here have a short re-spawn rate which is why they are popular for grinding some quick experience and levels.
- Instanced Dungeon: instanced dungeons are basically what you may know as typical dungeons or raids from other games. The slain monsters don’t reset in instanced dungeons quite as often, and they also often have reset cooldowns.
List of Dungeons
Here’s a list of currently available dungeons in TERA:
|Bastion of Lok||20||Ebon Tower||58|
|Sinestral Manor||26||Ebon Tower (Hard)||60|
|Cultists’ Refuge||35||Kelsaik’s Nest||58|
|Necromancer Tomb||41||Kelsaik’s Nest (Hard)||60|
|Sigil Adstringo||45||Labyrinth of Terror||58|
|Golden Labyrinth||48||Labyrinth of Terror (Hard)||60|
|Akasha’s Hideout||48||Balder’s Temple||60|
|Akasha’s Hideout (Hard)||48||Balder’s Temple (Hard)||60|
|Ascent of Saravash||48||Fane of Kaprima||60|
|Saleron’s Sky Garden||53||Fane of Kaprima (Hard)||60|
Hard mode dungeons are intended as endgame content and are recommended for characters at the level cap and with better equipment (sort of like Heroic instances in WoW).